Heliport/Vertiport Design, Planning & Certification Specialist
An international airport services firm seeking candidates to support an eVTOL startup and an established multi-national infrastructure developer/operator (the Partnership), to establish a transportation network of eVTOL taxis. The selected candidate will assist the Partnership in the certification of the vertiport sites from which the eVTOLs will conduct operations. A number of sites are envisaged to be developed in the timeframe of 4-8 years. After the sites are developed, the developer/operator will continue to operate and maintain the sites.
The candidate being sought for this opportunity will lead the initiative to design, plan and obtain regulatory approval for certification of the vertiport sites. As this is a complex and innovative new venture, the candidate selected for this role must possess a high-degree of motivation to develop relationships, problem solve and be comfortable with a wide scope of responsibility with the ability to bring structure to an unstructured environment. As the developer/operator is a publicly-traded multi-national corporation, it is imperative, at all times, that the selected candidate adheres to rigorous compliance best-practices and represents the venture and its partners in the highest reputational and ethical standing.
The role responsibilities are centered on securing regulatory approval for operation of the vertiport sites and guiding the associated certification process, which implies:
- Assess potential vertiport sites for operational suitability
- Lead operational design of the vertiports to ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations
- Talent for building rapport and communication with the ability to understand and discuss operational and regulatory concepts/ procedures with regulatory authorities will have a significant advantage
- Knowledge and experience with the entire heliport/vertiport regulatory approval process
- Project management experience
- Ability to organize and manage unstructured work environments
- Experience with new ventures, in small teams where broad responsibility is carried by each member
- Highly-motivated self-starter capable of driving processes forward and overcoming obstacles
- Ideally, at least 8 years of experience in airport and/or heliport design, planning and certification or closely analogous experience with directly applicable skillsets
- Experience in the State of Florida is a plus
- Track record of dealing with the Federal Aviation Administration including requirements and certification of the infrastructure and ground operations
- Experience in dealing with both public and private institutions or agencies
- Relevant academic record in aviation and/or airport management and related fields
- Track record of cultivating relationships and of representing an organization in the highest ethical and reputational standings
- Extensive experience assessing, developing and implementing airport certification requirements
- Strong track record coordinating development of detailed design to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- U.S. citizen (or work permit eligible)
- English fluency required
Please log in or register for Modalis | Airport QM Talent Portal to apply for this position.